Monday, June 16, 2014

Dripping Springs Vanilla Extract, Why Not....

Homemade vanilla extract is so easy to make and you can be sure there are no added ingredients (caramel coloring anyone?).  Now that we make homemade almond milk we go through quite a bit of vanilla extract.  It's more cost efficient for us to make it at home.  We use vodka and vanilla beans we bought from amazon and pour them in old vanilla extract bottles.  Let the bottles sit for a while, the longer the better, and you've got extract.  I made this batch on April 17 and it's ready to go now (June 15)!  I always have extra batches waiting while I'm using the current batch.  I cut my vanilla beans in half and then split them before putting them in the jar.  I use 2-6 beans depending on the size of my jar.

We do tailor this to fit the needs of our family, for example, my husband is gluten free so we use a gluten free vodka!

April 2014

June 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment